This year, we are celebrating Rethink Recycling Day by hosting two full days of virtual tours and workshops in partnership with local experts from community-focused businesses and organizations.
If you want to see where your waste goes, heal your sick houseplant, keep your food fresher for longer, or fix a broken appliance in your home, join us virtually on Saturday, November 7th and Saturday, November 14th for these no-cost offerings:
- Virtual Shoreway Tours
- Houseplant Care & Home Herb Garden How-To – Presented by Lyngso Garden Materials
- Waste Bingo & Crafts for Kids!
- Virtual Fixit Clinic
- Sourdough for Starters – Presented by Zero Waste Chef
- Food Safety How-To’s: Storing, Identifying Imperfect Produce & Jamming – Presented by Master Food Preservers
- Mental Health Resiliency & Coping w/ Climate Change – Presented by Resource Innovation Group
- Get to Know Your Community Partners – Presented in conjunction with Recology San Mateo County, South Bay Recycling, Peninsula Clean Energy, San Mateo County Parks & Office of Sustainability
- Happy Hour w/ RethinkWaste Executive Director & Poster Contest Winner Recognition
Sign up for the workshops are required and information on how to sign-up and more information about Rethink Recycling Days can be found at: rethinkwaste.org/rrd