2022 Poster Contest Guidelines
- Participants must be 3rd through 5th grade students in the RethinkWaste service area*.
- 2022 Theme: Everyday Upcycling!
- Show us how you can turn an ordinary item from around your home or classroom into something new by reusing it or “upcycling” it!
- Must be made individually, one entry per student.
- Posters must be 8.5 x 11 inch white paper in landscape (horizontal) orientation. No lined paper.
- No copyrighted material, computer graphics, or characters. Must be all original artwork.
- Must be 2D and in any medium (paint, markers, color pencils, crayons, etc..)
*RethinkWaste service area: Belmont, Burlingame, East Palo Alto, Foster City, Hillsborough, Menlo Park, Redwood City, San Carlos, San Mateo, parts of unincorporated San Mateo County, and the West Bay Sanitary District
- Submissions are due October 7th, 2022 by 11:59 PM
- Please complete the online submission form found below.
- Online submissions must include a photo or scan of the poster.
- Note: Please do not discard your poster after submitting. Winning entries will be required to submit the original poster to RethinkWaste.
- If you have questions or concerns, please email RethinkWaste staff or call (650) 802-3508.
- Winning art pieces will be announced no later than mid November.
- All winners will be recognized on the RethinkWaste website, social media, and a live stream event.
Prizes will be awarded to the 1st through 3rd place winners.
1st Place Winner: Poster displayed on local Recology truck
1st – 3rd Place Winners: Gift packs full of fun, reusable items!